All About The Daily New York Press

About Old Brookville NY

Feb 26

The Village of Old Brookville is located in the town of Brookville, New York

The Village of Old Brookville was founded in 1929 and now has about 2,100 people. Within the Town of Oyster Bay, the village spans four square miles and is home to some of Long Island's most spectacular houses, horse ranches, and golf courses. Some of the best educational institutions are located in Old Brookville NY.

What is now the Village of Old Brookville, like the rest of the Brookville region, was purchased from the Matinecock Indians by Oyster Bay Town and early settlers in the Cedar Swamp tract east of Hempstead Harbor in the mid-17th century. The first white settlers were English and Dutch farmers. By the mid-nineteenth century, their ancestors were selling much of their maize to a neighboring starch mill, where the production waste was excellent cow feed sought after by farmers for miles.


The town had 2,167 residents, 722 homes, and 618 families according to the 2000 census. 545.2 people per square mile (210.8/km2) was the population density. At an average density of 191.2 per square mile (73.9/km2), there were 760 dwelling units. The village's racial makeup was 89.20 percent White, 1.43 percent African American, 7.34 percent Asian, 0.55 percent other races, and 1.48 percent mixed races. A total of 2.03 percent of the population was Hispanic or Latino of any race. [8]

36.3 percent of the 722 homes had children under the age of 18, 76.6 percent were married couples living together, 7.3 percent had a female householder without a husband present, and 14.4% were non-families. One person homes made up 11.2 percent of all households, while 6.0 percent of those 65 and over made up 6.0 percent. The average family size was 3.22, with a household size of 3.00.

25.4 percent of those under the age of 18 were under the age of 18, 5.5 percent were 18 to 24, 23.1 percent were 25 to 44, 30.5 percent were 45 to 64, and 15.6 percent were 65 and older. The average age was 43 years old. There were 97.7 men for every 100 females. There were 91.8 men for every 100 females aged 18 and above.

The typical family income was $255,731 and the median household income was $233,192. Males earned $108,562 on average compared to $82,625 for females. The village's per capita income was $98,874. Around 0.3 percent of households and 0.4 percent of the population were poor, with 0.2 percent of those under 18 and 0.7 percent of those 65 and over falling into this category.